Friday, December 17, 2010

I Won´t Actually Do Any Of These Things. Unless I Do.

See the picture at the top of my blog? I took it two years ago when we were on our honeymoon in Costa Rica. And now, trip two to pretty much my favorite place ever is winding down.

Both times we´ve been to Costa Rica, we look for excuses to come back. So far this time around, it´s that we haven´t yet been canyoneering or mountain  biking. Reason enough.

And then there´s this. The 2012 course goes through 3 countries, will cover 650k and take up to 10 days to complete. Ok, so this might be a bit out of my league (just a bit, a tiny bit. Or a lot bit.) but I have two years to figure it out.

And there´s also this. Probably a lot more my speed and logistically easier (throw running shoes in a bag. Train. Register. Buy plane ticket) than a 10-day adventure race.

Entirely out of my league, for now and for ever, is La Ruta de los Conquistadores. But a girl can dream, right? I´d have to start training now to even make it to the start line by, like, 2015.

We head home tomorrow, to windchills dipping into the 20s and perhaps some snow. Today was spent white water rafting in the warm waters of the Pacuare River.

I am grumpy. I am trying to talk myself out of it by picking out snowshoes to pick up in the next few days and hopefully arranging a short ski trip for New Year´s weekend.

I like playing outside. A lot. And need an official outside something or other scheduled as soon as possible to get the grumpy to go away!

That is all.

2 comments:

Mallory said...

Don't doubt yourself. It's fun to have dreams and goals. If you really want to do those someday, you will!

Abby said...

DO IT!!! I totally would if the academic schedule allowed...