Sunday, January 23, 2011

Shoes and Screws

I can't wait to go to work tomorrow and have people ask me what I did this weekend. I imagine it will go something like this:

Co-worker: What did you do this weekend?
Me: I spent an hour drilling sheet metal screws into the bottom of a pair of trail runners. Actually, Bill did most of it. I mostly just held the shoe.
Co-worker: You are weird.
Me: Thank you. Goodbye.

After my Yaktrax sort of fell apart at Chilly Cheeks I contemplated buying another pair or a pair if Microspikes. But I am cheap, so I decided to spike a pair of older trial runners with screws. I'd heard of people doing this and there are a few how-to guides on the Internet, but I really didn't know what I was doing.

We made a trip to Lowe's just to buy a pack of $4.98 screws (and an extension cord, does the excitement ever end?). Next home, dinner, pjs and then it was time to screw.

Am I wearing footie pajamas with skulls on them? Yes I am!

Tadaa!

There's still a bit of snow and ice on the ground and we are suppoesd to get more on Tuesday and Wednesday so hopefully I will be able to take them for a spin soon.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I started reading your blog and it said, "I can't wait to go to work tomorrow..." and I was like, "Whoa! Whoa! Who IS this girl?"

Very crafty with the shoes!

A Prelude To... said...

Nice jams!

I've heard about those screws ~ good things!

Mallory said...

I love your pjs!!! Those are so cool! I've thought about doing that to a pair of my shoes but I get nervous to do it because I really only run outside once per week in this weather because of daylight. I just get nervous running alone in the dark!