Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Best 83 Cents Bill Has Ever Spent

Last week I got a pair of $109 cross-country ski boots for 83 cents. Such a steal. A mere $145 later and I had skis, poles and mounted bindings. Bring on the snow, please.

Today Bill scored a returned, but seemingly fully functional, Timex GPS watch that retails for $325 for ... 83 cents. Someone returned it and it was put out for sale at more than half-off but no one bought it. Then it was $75. No one. Then $50. No one. Then 83 cents. After clearing it with his manager, Bill brought the thing home.

Crazy. It's all his, as I generally don't even run with a regular watch, but if another 99.89 percent off sale comes my way, I will gladly purchase one of my own. Or maybe I will just save my dimes and borrow his for the Philly marathon.

5 comments:

Julie D said...

You guys are just bargain magnets! Now I *really* must go to REI!

Kate Geisen said...

Amazing. My husband is a serious bargain shopper, but those have him beat! :)

Anonymous said...

Wait...didn't you use a gift card or credits of some sort for the boots? Crazy that they both came to exactly 83 cents...

(I'm choosing to be amazed by the similarity in pricing rather than the absolute pricing itself.)

A Prelude To... said...

Seriously? I'm heading to REI, too!! Bet I pay full price for everything I leave with.

Mallory said...

How in the world does that happen?!!?! AGAIN!?!?! That's awesome!